Sunday, May 18, 2014

Men in Trees

I miss jack & Marin! Patrick and Annie! The whole fantasy of a sexy man's man in Alaska being all....manly and...stuff lol. Jack was such an insanely delicious character :( I got all nostalgic when I caught an episode of 'Hart of Dixie' the other day.
I feel like 'Hart of Dixie' has that similar vibe (small town, quirky characters....big city gal relocating to a small town) but it doesn't fill those MIT shoes at all for me. HOD has it's own charm and it's cute absolutely. There was just something special about 'Men in Trees' for me. I got so attached to all the characters. they reminded me of so many people I know being from a small town in Sweden myself. Marin Frist is a hot mess so I guess I could identify with that lol. Her chemistry with Jack was evident....and apparently very real since the actors playing Jack and Marin ( James Tupper and Anne Heche) divorced their spouses  and ended up marrying each other by the end of the show. I enjoyed Terri (played by the talented Mario Cantone) Elmo's only hair dresser. I was always looking forward to his scenes- Amazing comic timing and on point every time!  I loved the entire show, every single episode from start to finish.  I couldn't wait for Jack and Marin to end up together. every time something went wrong between them I'd down a gallon of ice cream right along with Marin and when they finally hooked up for real I was genuinely excited and happy for the rest of that week as if close friends of mine had finally found happiness. I grew fond of their story and growth as a couple and appreciated the way the writers didn't overdo anything. It seemed like a real relationship working through real problems and because they both wanted to end up together...it wasn't all that hard to forgive each other. It was sweet and it gave hopeless romantic girls like me courage to stay madly in love with love and romance ...because it's just what we want, dammit! :)) We want the Jack & Marin, Lois & Clark Kent, Mr Big & Carrie,  Jack & Rose love story. These stories are only amazing because they're beautiful tales of Love. Without it....what's the point? why do we do anything if our goal isn't to love, build and create something....anything with another human being? It's that ability to connect so deeply that makes us so unique and beautiful.

So with all of that said, I'm going to watch Men in Trees all over again! it's been a few years so I don't remember all the episodes anymore which is GREAT!
Bring on the heartache and dramz, jack. Ice cream...check! candles....check! wine....(well wine has been replaced with Apple juice since I no longer drink alcohol but close enough)...check!

Good to go! Elmo here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment