Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 42 Bikram Yoga - 58 to go!

I'm all about one upping myself so naturally once I'd completed 30 & 60 day challenges last year in Bikram Yoga  it just wasn't over. So after preparing myself mentally I decided to do a 90 day challenge which I  extended to 100 the other day. I might as well. It's been both easy and hard depending on what week you ask me about. The first 3 weeks were so easy I did double sessions whenever I had the extra time. 4th week was HELL. I couldn't get through standing series (first hour) without feeling utterly exhausted.
Then we landed on a happy medium where I get through the standing series and get tired just a few postures before we're done. I'm eager to get my energy up again though cause doing double sessions of Bikram is as delicious as it gets. I mean you leave class just.....floating. So in order to do that I've put alarms in my phone that will remind me when to drink a bottle of water. it sounds silly but i'm just awful with that. and I think i started slipping on hydrating properly after the 3rd week. I'm also no longer drinking alcohol which is something I did in week 4 but didn't do the first 3 weeks. I never drank in my teens (I mean NEVER) and I had my first glass of alcohol at the age of 22. Wine is a nice compliment to food or when you're out being festive but facts are.... drinking just doesn't agree with me. never has. Being 3 months into a vegan diet is rough but I think i'm finally getting used to it. 

It's about identifying what your body and mind needs to feel good and eliminating what it tells you puts it on minus in every way. Cutting alcohol out of my life completely is something I was going to do regardless so this is as good a time as any.while cleansing my body and mind of toxins through mediation, yoga and love :)
I need to Thank some of the fantastic teachers at Bikram Yoga NYC that are guiding me through this journey;
Omri Kleinberger, Chrystine Cooper, Eddie Marco, Patrick Lynch, Lorenza, Maja and Amanda! These are teachers I highly recommend if you're thinking about giving Bikram a try. they love their jobs and they genuinely care about you,your practice and your journey whatever it may be.

 I've been cast in a movie which I'm so thankful for so most of my time is dedicated to working on that (now that we're getting ready to start rehearsal) and painting which  is something I only recently got brave enough to share with the world. you'd think i'd be kosher after being at it since childhood but I was always private about my painting. and now that I've had my first exhibition it's like I unleashed years of bottled up creative energy. Im inspired all the time. In regards to acting,  Thinking about how to best bring your character to life is so much fun and my character in this upcoming film is a piece of work so I'm enjoying her in my head and everyday I read the script getting a better understanding of who she is.
Pole dance workouts along with the occasional crossfit and other dance classes makes me feel beautiful feminine and sexy which is important for me as a woman. working on my body and staying active is of the utmost importance for my emotional and physical well being. I love the outdoors and being active. it makes me feel alive.
I'm slowly getting into a routine that I'm quite sure i'll stay in for many years to come.....with some modifications here and there i'm sure as I discover new things :) That's it. Just a little post to keep myself motivated and strong so I keep going and continue to make myself proud!


Im very excited about my first Solstice experience! 1000 people doing yoga together smack in the middle of time square. Sounds like it's going to be amazing. Thanks for reading. Hope you have a really good day:)


No comments:

Post a Comment