Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bikram Yoga day 1 Review

So let me first say....Elana girl you're on your OWN.
Bikram Yoga was intense and i loved every minute of it. You know whats funny? you never notice how strong negative energy can be until you're actively breaking out of it.

example. I was up bright and early today...little bit after 6am. I was even...dare i say...in a great mood (soo not a natural morning person)
¨
i tidied up around me, got dressed and went out ready to catch my first Bikram Yoga class.
I call the location for direction and whoever answered gave me incorrect info so my small town self walked  blocks and blocks the WRONG way before I figured that out. I only had 10 minutes to make it to the class which was unrealistic...I wasn't going to make it.
I was discouraged and all this happy-energy i had was almost gone. I sat down for a moment when the sweetest women, Gloria, who had just finished an earlier class came and said 'dont feel bad. catch the next one'. the next class was in 2 hours but just her kindness and understanding gave me my spark back!
we sat and talked for a bit then she was off. we decided we'd do tomorrows morning class together.

but anyway, so I'm just calming down from my irritation and decide to take a walk until its time for the next class. I get out the door....only to find that suddenly outside the yoga building there is now full blown construction going down. the noise is SOOO loud and intrusive....it felt like it was INSIDE my head. its just one of those things that can really end up agitating me but I just smiled.
I felt like this negativity I've been allowing in my life was doing everything to keep me down.
suddenly i was beyond driven. Missed the first class? im catching the next one. The construction workers are just trying to work. it doesn't have anything to do with me.
If i get discouraged its because I allowed it. and i wasn't about to let that happen.

so i killed those two hours and went to my first BikramYoga class which was an incredible experience.
its going down every morning folks. I feel amazing...happy...strong. I can feel that this new positive attitude is going to help with so much in my life.


It was worth it :)


 My darling friend Keila Rose,  a fellow songbird just got into town on operation #chasemydreams....look at how itty bitty she is!! like 4 ft :) she's amazing! we're greeting the day tomorrow with another bikram session. really looking forward to a great time with her here:))

Below is some info on Bikram Yoga if you're interested!

Have a good day. and if you aren't....try:)


http://www.bikramyoganyc.com







No comments:

Post a Comment